Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chapter 3: Sony eReader



I have the red one. Sexy.

This is not a book. I figured it would be a useful review though... My mom got a Sony eReader for Christmas last year, and the minute I saw it, I was intensely jealous. It was a book... but it was also a gadget that had shiny buttons. I wanted one!

Cut to 3 months later when my mom finally hands the thing over, with only 1 book bought and read through. It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

I have the touch version of the eReader, including a little stylus with which to poke and draw notes. For a fidget-er like me it's pretty much heaven. The screen is not as reactive when i am trying to use a gesture to make a page turn, but when I accidentally swipe a finger across, I lose my page. It's a little irksome after a while. The buttons are a little small and feel a bit like if I push them enough I may weaken and possibly lose them. Barring this, it's a very handy item. I have dropped it a couple times, to no damage to the screen, and although it's metal surface shows a little scratching and wear, it's still in fairly good shape.

Although fond of the little bugger, it is still my mom's property, and I feel like if I break it, I buy it. Hence why last week I bought my own gadget, and soon there will be a blog post for it!

Time to pass the thing onto my sister...

10 comments:

  1. curious about your new one. sony should have just let the PSP read books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never even considered e-books, and after reading this, still won't haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum just bought the kindle, I never considered eBooks but I'll try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a Nook for myself, pretty nice investment although nothing beats an actual book, thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting one of these for so long. But it'll have to wait till later unforunately :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. always beeen vurious about this ebook things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the sony ebook, kindle all the way

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some odd reason I'd expect an ebook reader to have a larger screen. But I guess it's not necessary if you're willing to scroll down two or three times as often XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. The idea of an ebook reader with a touchscreen seems strange to me. I've only used the Kindle 3, though - out of all the technology I have it's most often my companion.

    ReplyDelete